How to apply for an absentee/mail-in ballot:
- Apply online using the links below or visit votespa.com
(You must have a valid PA driver’s license or PA State ID to apply online)
- Apply by mail with a paper application
Return by deadline via a mail service to: Elections, 500 W. Main St., Smethport, PA 16749
- Apply in-person at the elections office at the McKean County Courthouse
Designated Agent Form – Who may use this form?
NOTICE to all Absentee/Mail-in Voters:
• If you receive an absentee/mail-in ballot and return your voted ballot to the elections office by the deadline, you may not vote at the polls.
• If you are unable to return your ballot by the deadline, you may take the ballot and the return envelope to the polls, remit them to the Judge of Elections, and vote on the machines.
• If you no longer have your ballot or the return envelope, you may go to the polls and vote by provisional ballot.
You may use this form if you have a disability, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, and it prevents you from doing any of the following:
• Submitting a paper application for a mail-in or absentee ballot.
• Obtaining your mail-in or absentee ballot in person.
• Returning your voted mail-in or absentee ballot.
Military/Overseas/Federal Ballot Application (FPCA) - You can learn more about the Federal Post Card Application at www.fvap.gov