|Michele Jubon, MA, SHRM-CP
Email - Click Here
Email - Click Here
814-887-5571 x 4246
The County of McKean Human Resources Department is to provide superior customer service to our current employees, future employees and the general public. The department also collaborates with individual county departments to assist in providing guidance to achieve their organizational needs.
The Office of Human Resources is the central location for monitoring the employment of approximately 270 employees within the County of McKean government. Employment opportunities vary widely and cover over 25 departments and the Courts.
The County of McKean is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
In addition to posting vacant positions and processing employment applications to individual departments, the Office of Human Resources also is responsible for:
- Administering employee benefit programs to current employees
- Provide drug and alcohol testing
- Completing new hire orientation
- Communicating with employee
- Bargaining unit contract negotiation, grievances, arbitrations, etc
- Managing and proposing recommendations to the Board of Commissioners regarding County Policy and Procedure
- Maintaining job descriptions and compensation classifications
- Managing employee leaves of absence’s
- Managing Workers Compensation program
- Coordinating with the Americans with Disability Act
- Representing the County at Unemployment Compensation Hearings
- Maintaining electronic records and employment files for all employees
- Ensuring compliance in employment practices in regards to Federal and state labor laws
- Collaborating with county leadership in the administration of disciplinary actions.